Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Why go out in public.

After a couple of weeks sitting around in pain, I decided to go out tonight.  The wife wasn't up for it, and the da in law asleep, so I got out of Dodge and down to the local twenty four hour watering hole.  I went in part for food, in part to quit seeing the same four walls, in part to work on some issues with the timeline for my novel, and in part to people watch.  It's the last one I want to discuss.

Why in the name of all anyone holds sacred do people go out with other people and then sit there mindlessly scrolling through email on a phone?  Admittedly I had my Kindle with me - but I was alone.  I don't get going out to spend time with another human being and spending the whole meal looking at a phone or texting.  But I'm old, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment